CALLS FOR ART:
Glimmer: Little Pieces of Light
A Small Works Virtual Art Show
Gallery Sitka East, Shirley MA
Juror/Curator: Melissa Richard, The Girl From Mars Art Studio
(entry deadline: 11/1/2020)
In the year 2020, we have dealt with unprecedented challenges as a human race. As this historic year winds down and we look to 2021, let us focus on glimmers of hope and the light of new possibilities. This year-end small works show with Gallery Sitka will be titled Glimmer, and focus on the themes of “light” and “hope”. These themes are open to some interpretation and we look forward to a range of works that reflect these ideas in creative and original ways.
- Any 2D medium
- No larger than 12×12 (including framing)
- Interprets the title of the show, Glimmer, and/or the ideas of light and hope in an original way
Submissions and fees:
- Submissions open 9/15, deadline is 11/1
- There is an entry fee of $30USD payable via PayPal to: email@example.com
- You may enter up to 6 works
- To submit work please email: Melissa Richard firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “Glimmer” Please Include:
- Your Name and contact information
- Titles of your work, size, date of completion
- An artist’s statement for your work
- Up to 6 images for consideration as jpeg attachments
While all work submitted will be considered, not all will be included in the show. Work must be submitted according to the procedure outlined in this prospectus and entry fee must be paid to Gallery Sitka for your submission to be considered. No late submissions, please.
The commission structure on sales is 60% artist 40% gallery. Gallery Sitka will take care of all sales, MA State Tax, shipping to buyers. The Artist is responsible for transportation/shipping to Gallery Sitka in the event of a sale.
If you have questions regarding the show or how to submit please contact the curator Melissa Richard via email at email@example.com
When responding, please state the name of the show you want to enter. Submit as many as you like and we will take what passes our curatorial team! There is a hanging fee, per piece, unless otherwise stated, for the final art chosen to be part of the body of work for each show.
All work accepted will be with us for two months, unless otherwise stated. We will let you know the pickup and drop off days/times as the show dates approach. The fee for the accepted pieces should be brought with the piece when it is dropped off. Gallery Sitka covers MA State Sales Tax.
We will need your headshot, bio, and artist’s statement also in advance of the opening for the shows in question.